Today marked day 13 of walking across Spain on pilgrimage to Santiago. We have walked close to 400 km (240 miles) since starting out in France. It seems like we just started yesterday… It seems like we’ve been walking forever…
A few things that were beautiful today:
– the sunrise over the meseta as we watched the blacks & grays fade into golds & greens as far as the eye could see.
– songs & prayers & conversations & silence & laughter & stories & generosity & love that are slowly turning strangers into family.
– a beautiful impromptu guitar concert performed by a professor of classical guitar in an 11th century church as the setting sun painted the white stone walls into every shade of gold imaginable.
– the local priest laying hands upon us and blessing us as we continued our journey.
– a warm shower, clean clothes, hot coffee, & a soft bed.
– other people.
– a friend who will bandage your bloody & blistered feet with care & tenderness & patience.
– going to sleep knowing that tomorrow we are sleeping in until 6am & only walking 19km. =)
There is much to be thankful for.
What are you thankful for today?